upcoming changes for bill payments converted to a check
Effective November 23, 2019, we will be changing our Bill Pay process to Direct Check. This change will allow the Bill Pay experience to be more aligned with your experience with written checks. Direct Check affects those bill pay transactions to payees who are not set up to receive electronic payments, where the payment is converted to a check. Electronic payments to payees set up to accept electronic payments will not change and will be processed as they are today.
The Bill Payment Service within Internet Banking will indicate whether a payee is paid electronically or by check.
Online pay electronically
Online pay by check
Below are changes associated with Direct Check effective November 23, 2019:
- If you are currently enrolled in Bill Pay, you do not need to re-enroll.
- Bill Payments to payees who are not set up to receive electronic payments will be made with a check drawn on your account.
- The check will have your account number and Renasant Bank's routing number.
- The default starting check number will be 9000.
- You are able to choose the date on which the payment is to be sent by Bill Pay to the payee.
- Funds are not debited from your account until the payee receives and deposits the check.
- You will be able to retrieve cleared bill pay check images from Internet Banking.
- To place a Stop Pay on an un-cleared Direct Check bill payment, you will need to contact the Service & Solutions Center at 1-877-367-5371 or visit your nearest branch location. The $36 Stop Payment fee will apply.
For Consumer Accounts Only:
- Next time you sign into consumer online banking, you will be presented with an updated Consumer Online Banking Agreement to acknowledge these changes.
Changes to the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure Effective November 23, 2019 (Consumer Accounts Only)
- Bill Pay payments converted to a check are not considered Electronic Fund Transfers, and the terms of the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure do not apply.